6 pieces or 150g/ 5oz sardine filets
- Take out the fish bones with a tweezers
- Pre-heat a sauce pan with a spoon of olive oil. Season the fish both sides.You can add lemon peel, ginger, and any flavors you like.
- Sear the fish skin side first until you can see on the edge a nice brown color.
- Finish cooking in the oven 350f ( 190°C) for 5 minutes depending how thin the flesh is.
For Tomato confit:
6 large tomatoes
Salt pepper olive oil
Garlic, thyme, bay leaves
- First, slice the onions without crying ;)
- Sweat them with olive oil at low heat, add salt and pepper.
- Peel the tomatoes by blanching them in boiling water in order to take off the skin.
- Cut them in 4 take out the seeds and dice them.
- Cook the tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper, bay leaves and thyme , garlic, drain the excess water. When cooked, add roasted pine nuts to the tomatoes and add the onions.
For serving use a ring mold and fill up with the tomato confit. Then you may add on a Parmesan tuile which is made by baking thinly grated parmesan on a non-stick tray. On top place the sardines and serve.