Try an easy quiche recipe!
* 1 round puff pastry or other pie dough
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 cups sliced leeks (approximately 2 medium sized leeks)
* 2 x 225g cans canned crab meat, drained
* 85g shredded cheese - Gruyère, Emmental, or Swiss
* 4 large eggs
* 1 1/2 cups crème fraiche (or substitute whipping cream, half and half, or
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Begin by blind baking the crust. Line a 10 inch tart pan with the pastry dough, pushing it firmly to
the bottom and sides. Prick in several dozen places with the tines of a fork. Place the crust in the
freezer for at least 20 minutes. When it is well chilled, place the crust in a preheated oven
(200°C/400°F) to bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before adding other
2. Melt the butter and oil in a medium sized skillet on low-medium heat. Add the leeks and cook
until the leeks are soft (about 10 minutes), stirring frequently. Don't brown the leeks. Stir in the
drained crab meat and remove skillet from heat.
3. Whisk together the eggs, crème fraîche (or substitute), and salt and pepper until combined.
4. Spread the cooked leeks and crab in the bottom of the baked tart shell. Sprinkle with cheese, then
pour in the egg mixture.
Bake in 200°C/400°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes.