|Courtesy of Monica Bhide|
8 peppers red or yellow
1 big chunk of chorizo
Olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic
- First, cut the peppers into 2 pieces and scoop out the seeds and the white part, slice them in julienne (cut into long thin strips). Slice the onions and cut the chorizo into dices.
- Cook the onions in a saucepan with some olive oil, when they are soft, add the peppers, the chorizo, thyme, and garlic. Cover the pot and let it cook slowly.
- In a saucepan pour half water & half vinegar and bring that to the boil.
- For the poached egg technique, please see this link
- Cut some thin slices of bread roast them in the oven with some olive oil and ground pepper on top.
- Place the basquaise in the middle of the plate, then on top the egg and on the side serve it with the bread and some green salad.