4 Filets of Trout (De-Boned and skinned)
200 grams Sliced Almonds
400 grams Fresh Green Beans
1 stick of butter
2 ShallotsSalt / Pepper
- Cut the fish filets in 2 pieces and reserve. In a large pot, bring 3 quarts and 3⁄4 of a cup of salt to a rolling boil. Cut the top and bottom off the green bean and cut in 2 pieces.
- Add the beans to the boiling water and cook for about 3-4 mins. Checking by eating one or two in the cooking process. After about 4 mins they should be softer but still have some form and not mushy. Remove and put into cold icy water.
- When cool, drain and reserve on a plate with paper towels. Peel and small dice the shallots. Juice the Lemon.
- In a large wide pan, preferably cast iron or non- stick, heat over a medium heat. Season and add the filets to the oil (Skin side down) keeping a bit of pressure on the filets for the first 5 seconds.
- Cook only on one side until skin is crispy, (5-8 mins) then flip and immediately remove from the pan.
- Drain the oil out and add the stick of butter. Cook until foamy and brown (Beurre Noisette). Then add the shallots and almonds and cook for 1 min.
- Add the Green beans and cook for 2 mins. Then finish with the lemon juice and serve with the filets.