2 pounds of fruit
1 1⁄2 cups of sugar
1 cup (250 ml) Sugar
1 cup (250 ml) Water
-both boiled together and cooled
1 Densitometer (1 chicken Egg )
- All fruit is great and easy to make sorbet.
- Seed and chop the fruit leaving the skin on. Add into a pot with the sugar and bring to the boil.
- When it comes to a boil and is soft and just cooked (not for long at all, like 2-3 minutes) blend it and pass it through a fine mesh sieve.
- When cold, put the whole uncracked egg in the liquid, and if it floats and shows the size of a quarter dollar, it is ready to freeze in the sorbet machine.
- If it sinks, add a bit of syrup at a time and mix well, until it floats. If it really just stays up on top, add water until it sinks.
- Remember to keep everything cold cold when spinning the sorbet. Also, help the machine by scraping it a few times in the process, and it should be done inside of 10 minutes.
(Also, Don’t use Alcohol. It won’t freeze) Try any seasonal fruit!