1st Class menu created and prepared from scratch by Chef Constance and her students.
All of the fresh ingredients bought at the market in the morning and brought back to the school in our faithful green shopping cart;) Back to the school everyone got to work on this delicious 4 course meal and had great fun while learning the secrets to fine french cooking.
Menu of the Day
Seared Shrimp with Piment d'Espelette and Orange & Fennel Salad
Veal filet mignon, Grandma’s sauce garnished with green beans and
Cheese board (5 varieties)
Raspberry Financier with coulis
White Wine: Sancerre, Les Demoiselles
Red Wine: Cote du Rhône, Guigal
Dessert Wine: Banyuls
Here is the main course recipe:
Veal filet mignon, Grandma’s sauce
150g/ 5Oz Veal filet mignon (1 per person)
150g/ 5Oz lardons (pieces of pork)
6 very thin slices of smoked bacon
Baby potatoes 5 each
Chanterelle mushrooms 6 each
2 onions, 1 carrot
Garlic, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper
Bone of veal ( ask your butcher shop)
White wine, flour
1. First roast the bones in a deep frying pan. Make a nice coloration. Then chop the onion and add with the carrots. Add 1 clove of garlic, thyme and bay leaves. Add a tablespoon of flour. Deglaze with the white wine. Cover with water and let it cook slowly.
2. In a frying pan roast the potatoes to have a nice brown coloration then cook them in a small saucepan cover with butter in very low heat. Add garlic thyme and bay leaves let it cook for 15 min.
3. Wash your mushrooms and sauté them with olive oil in order to take out the water. Keep the water and add it to your sauce.
4. Cut the pork in little pieces and sauté them
5. Cook the thin slices of bacon in the oven to make them crispy (150C°/ 65F°)
6. Prepare the veal with a string to make a nice round shape. Season it and sear them in a frying pan, finish cooking them in the oven.
7. When you are ready strain your sauce and reduce it, sauté the mushrooms a second time with butter and add parsley at the end.
8. Plate your meal; spread the sauce with mushrooms all over the plate, the potatoes and the lardons. Cut the veal mignon in 2 pieces and cover it with the crispy bacon.