4 Lamb Porterhouse Steaks
2 large Tomatoes
3 cloves Garlic
1/2 cup Niçoise Olives pitted
1 spicy Pepper (Bell for mild, Jalapeño for spicy)
1 bunch Basil
Olive oilSalt, Pepper, Sugar
- Take the tomatoes and make a small “X” on the bottom just piercing the skin. Then in boil enough water to cover the tomatoes. Drop them in the boiling water just for a few seconds, until the skin starts to blister.
- Then plunge them in ice-cold water. Peel and dice the tomato with the seeds / juice and all.
- Peel and small dice the garlic and onions. Dice the pepper. Pit the olives. In a saucepot, heat up 1/4 cup of olive oil and cook the onions gently on medium heat for about 15 mins, or until soft.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and bring just to the boil. Add the olives and keep to the side of the heat. In a large ovenproof pan, Roast the lamb steaks on both sides then add the tomato sauce to the pan and place whole pan in the oven. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the lamb is just warm in the center.
- Serve with the basil at the last minute just ripped over the top.