180g egg white
200g nuts (any kind)
- First, whip the egg white slow speed and add the sugar little by little until the eggs are raise.
- In a large sauce pan cook the syrup - sugar and water together and bring to boil until the bubbles get bigger. Add the nuts, stir and then add the butter and the salt , stir until it gets brown and starts to smell nice. Store on parchment paper with oil so it doesn’t stick.
- Take the whipped egg white and spread them in a mould that you have brushed with oil. Bake 3 min a 300 f ( 280c)
- Serve this with a crème anglaise (see recipe below) and the caramelized nuts.
Recipe for Creme Anglaise:
250 ml milk and 250 ml cream - mixed together
75 grams sugar
1/2 vanilla pod
4 egg yolks
- Cut the pod in half and scrape the vanilla out and put it in the cream (pod and all).
- Add the sugar to the cream and heat to just under the boil. Slowly add the hot cream to the egg yolks while whisking to temper.
- Then mix all ingredients together back on the stove. On medium heat cook while moving constantly with a spatula until it gets to 180 degrees or nice and thick.
Cool down in the fridge with contact film until cold (3 hours), then it’s ready.